Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Terrible Two's

So I have been trying the last week and a half to make the famous crib to big girl bed transition with E. She started climbing out of her crib, more like falling out, and it was either get a crib tent or just bite the bullet and put her in a bed a little early. After 9 days of pure HELL, from listening to her scream bloody murder to taking her for a drive to make her fall asleep and everywhere in between. Needless to say that the 3 of us were getting no where fast, and maxed out Tired!!! Last night we got smart and put her crib mattress on the floor. After stories and songs she fell asleep at 10 pm..hey, believe me this was progress people. Nap time today rolled around 1 so I started the process and after 10 min of her fooling around I left and shut the door. Ya, those cheap plastic door handle locks don't work for crap, so I had to hold the door closed. Then I had this idea........

but unfortunately I didn't think of that until she was like this.......
That's right, those are her toes underneath the door. In her exhaustion and frustration she gave up and lied down. I wouldn't dream of moving her for fear of waking her up. Don't you just envy me at this stage of my life right now....No? I have to admit it is quite hilarious!!

4 comments:

Randall and Christy Hatch said...

At least you can laugh at it!
Hang in there!

Amber said...

Hey! We can relate, we are right there with you with Eli. Who ever thought you would feel so proud to get her to sleep by 10pm? We've got sticker charts, M&M's, rocking... the list goes on and on. Sleep never sounded so good as it does right now!
Good luck!

CHS officers said...

That is hilarious!! Miss her!

Adele said...

Oh I don't envy you... We haven't tried that transition yet b/c he hasn't tried to climb out of the crib yet... We will be there soon though as we need the crib for the new baby when she grows out of the bassinet!